Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Family Halloween Adventures

Every once in a while, no matter what or who you are, every one of us needs to relax and chill with family. Most people that I've talked to have told me that they would enjoy beach outings and out of town roadtrips if they would be accompanied by friends. But not me. I do enjoy it with friends and colleagues but I would enjoy it more with my family. 

So Halloween is the time of year where every year I would go to the province, light a candle or two to my departed ones and stay at home and rest. But not this time. My cousin abroad had e-mailed me that she and her son will celebrate Halloween in the Philippines and that she wanted to have it like a three days two nights on a beach. The plan was Boracay but since it's a week before Halloween, the plan did not push through due to airfare prices and accommodation issues. It's a 4-day Halloween weekend so people tend to flock to places like Boracay.

It is a very last minute preparation so I suggested Puerto Galera instead. We're from Batangas so location-wise, it is the best option. Laiya, San Juan and Nasugbu are out of the question. As my cousins put it, "Nakakasawa na, lagi na lang dun."

November 3 was the targeted date and it's November 1. I busied myself contacting the hostels and transient houses that even while commuting, I'm on the phone. Lucky for me, Binay's Guest House is available and we agreed right there and then about the accommodation. It's a cheap package for a two-day-one-night stay for 20 people: 4 rooms with kitchen and unlimited free use of videoke for only P5000. It's a five-minute walk to the beach but it's okay. So problem number one was solved.

Binay's Guest House
Next on my list was the boat ride. I anticipated the flocks of people going to Galera. Luckily, Mrs. Binay, the guest house's owner, told me that they will schedule us for the boat ride so I gave her my details. Wow, it's like we're checking in at a five-star hotel with the hospitality and service that I've gotten so far. So far, so good. Problem number two, solved.

The boat ride from Batangas Pier to White Beach, Puerto Galera
Shopping for food and snacks and everything in between. Start the car and 30 minutes or so, we're at the SM Supermarket for some grocery shopping. It's 6 pm and everyone is excited for the early morning travel to the beach the next day.

Food and snacks
At 6 am, November 3, we arrived at the pier for the boat ride. At the gates, there's a boat employee waiting for us for easier transactions on boat fares and taxes and everything there is to be paid for. 

The ride was smooth. Thank God it is a very sunny day. After we've checked the rooms assigned to each of us, the elders took care of food for lunch while the youngsters checked out the videoke in the living room. The children played a while in their rooms and some did planking.

Planking

Checking out the videoke

Sumptuous lunch before checking out the beach
The beach... I hope the pictures will do justice on how the beach looked that day. Serene and unbelievably calm on a weekend. And we enjoyed the rest of the day at the beach.






It's after one in the afternoon and normally, it's nap time but for the youngsters, they have decided scuba diving instead. Exciting for the first-timers!

First time for scuba diving at Guli Diving with Gus, the instructor.

Diving course, the dos and don'ts

Boat ride to the dive site

Dyesebel is that you?

Dive, dive, dive!
The boondocks of Puerto Galera

The day may be coming to an end but the night is just starting. After the scuba dive, we took some rest for the night at the beach. After dinner, then we're on the go again. The night is still young but we managed to take a dip into the water for some night swimming, and dang, it's so cold! The younger ones managed the cold but the oldies took a pass at it. 

Setting ourselves up at the beach with a blanket, we sat down and waited for the fire dance to start.

Swimming in the cold grrrrrr!

Fire dance


The next morning, we've gone early to the beach for it is our last day in Puerto Galera. We've gone for swimming and pasalubong shopping because our boat ride is scheduled at 1 pm. We also took our time to check out the isolated part of the beach where we've done some rock diving.


Some rock diving freestyle

Cute Angel Anne

The epic jump shot. They never cease to amaze me.

Time to pack up things and leave the beach paradise. But even these times that we're waiting for the boat, we still find things to do at a very limited time, it amazes me.

Marco Polo yacht


The boys managed to get henna tattoos!

What an amazing weekend! We had a blast for the two days of just swimming, eating, enjoying ourselves, not thinking about work and studies. It's one for the books and we're looking forward to more family get-together like this.


Binay's Guest House
Globe #09173359059

Guli Diving
Globe #09175766682

No comments:

Post a Comment