Sunday, August 4, 2013

Southwinds in The South (Where Else?)

Summer 2013 was fast approaching to its end. The problem? I haven't done any out-of-town itinerary doing summer-y things i.e. beach swimming anyone? Instead, to make up for the summer months that I haven't been to the beach, along with Bell and Daryll, we went swimming in one of the hot springs of Pansol, Laguna. It was an out of the blue decision and like most of my friends say, spur-of-the-moment trips are better than the planned one.

We decided it to be night swimming since we have work on Saturday. Bell is from Cavite while me and Daryll is from Makati so we decided to meet Bell at the resort. Due to traffic, Bell arrived earlier. The receptionist allowed her inside the resort's restaurant even though we don't have a reservation.

 The resort: Southwinds Resort. The price: P1185 for a standard fan room. Actually, the room is priced at P985 but there's an additional P200 since we are three. One thing we noticed: the bedroom is as big as the bathroom, and that's good. The resort's entrance fee is included but no breakfast. We brought our own food. Good thing there's TV with cable.

The room with complimentary tissue, soap and shampoo


The food in case we get hungry
Even though the resort is crowded, we enjoyed our time there. I swam until 11 p.m. because I felt under the weather. My head aches that I excused myself early.
Nevertheless, we enjoyed the night swimming.


One of the four swimming pools of the resort
The fourth floor hallway where our room was


Gutom much?
Waking up at 5:30 a.m. is a real treat for me because I got to see the sunrise from our room. God is so good with a beautiful thing like that. I opened the door and the sun smiles at me.


Hello, sunshine!
After a light breakfast, we continued the fun. Photo op here and there and then off to the pool again. It's cold early in the morning but it doesn't matter, it's hot spring!



Mt. Makiling on the backdrop
Kanta-kanta rin pag may time!



Playtime before checking out

We had a great time at the resort. The photo op continues even as we were checking out. Before we leave, we were handed a discount card for when we return. Time for round two!

Southwinds Resort
Pansol, Calamba City, Laguna, Philippines
Telephone Numbers: (049) 502-8060 and (049) 502-8854 

No comments:

Post a Comment