Thursday, November 27, 2014

Day 2: The Brekkie, The Japanese Garden and The Animal Park at Colmar Tropicale

After our first well-rested night at Colmar, I prepared myself for a long day ahead. I woke up early, excited, not of the activities of the day but because of the breakfast. 

We were guided by the staff to the buffet breakfast and I can say, for the hungry, it's a food haven. So many choices that I could not decide what to eat first. 














Needless to say, I stood for my second serving! I'm full already but I can't seem to stop eating!


Pasimple lang getting my second serving.... 
After that well-deserved brekkie, we strolled the village again while waiting for the van that will take us to the Japanese Garden. 


The view from the lobby while waiting for the shuttle van

The shuttle van

For RM12, you get to enter the French village, Japanese Garden and Botanical Garden. It's build to mimic how a garden will look like in Japan, nice for photos and you can rent a kimono for RM20. Other than that, nothing much. It's just a garden on top of a hill. Oh, and there's a lot of uphill walking.










After we check out of the resort, since the check-out time is 11 a.m., we left our bags at the safety of the lobby staff before we went to see the Animal Park. It's almost noon but we've managed to take time to go see it. Well, the brochure said "animal park" so we expect to see animals, as in lots of them and in numbers. But imagine our disappointment, Steph, Jen Mitch and myself, that there's only a couple of deer and rabbits on the site! OMG, I should have just rented Bambi and watch it in my room, or I should have just buy a rabbit's foot for luck! In which case, well, photo op is a must since we're already there!




Disappointed in the the animal park but I enjoyed the swing like a kid!
But overall, our two days in Colmar is amazing. It's normal to be disappointed sometimes because that's life. No travel is ever perfect and there will always be bumps along the way. 

See you soon, Colmar! Now it's time for us to go down Kuala Lumpur.

Happy travels!



No comments:

Post a Comment